We are delighted to extend a call out to Artists for our fourth annual Activate Residency Programme at Backstage Theatre 2023
Our 2023 Activate Programme offers bursaries and short term residencies at Backstage Theatre to Artists across three different strands:
Strand 1 || Open || open to artists from all genres
Strand 2 || Dance || delivered in collaboration with Shawbrook, Longford
Strand 3 || Young People, Children & Education || delivered in collaboration with the Branar Initiative Meitheal.
Successful applicants will receive:
- A bursary of up to €5,000 to support the development of work.
- Access to our studio space for one to two weeks
- A contribution towards accommodation costs, if needed
- Technical and admin support and artist mentorship.
The successful YPCE artist will receive a consultancy session with the team at Meitheal: a Branar Initiative. Meitheal is a creative supports initiative committed to the development, creation & presentation of performing arts for young audiences across Ireland. Devised and initiated by Branar, Meitheal is a pilot scheme funded by the Arts Council.
Activate is kindly supported by Arts Council Ireland & Creative Ireland, Longford.
How to Apply
If you are interested please send a proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on Thursday 13h April.
Please clearly state the strand under which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
Your proposal should include the following
- A biog/CV,
- An outline of your proposal (no more than 2 A4 pages) – This could include details of what you will be working on while in residence, any other guest artists, why access to space and resources at Backstage would be of benefit to you, future plans for the work in development.
- Your preferred time frame for residency.
- An accompanying budget – please itemise accommodation requirements/projected accommodation costs separately.