We are delighted to extend a call out to Artists for our fifth annual Activate Residency Programme at Backstage Theatre in 2024
Our 2024 Activate Programme offers bursaries and short term residencies at Backstage Theatre to Artists across three different strands:
Strand 1 || Open || open to artists from all genres
Strand 2 || Dance || delivered in collaboration with Shawbrook, Longford
Strand 3 || Young People, Children & Education
Successful applicants will receive:
- A bursary of up to €5,000 to support the development of work.
- Access to our studio space for one to two weeks
- Accommodation for the lead and guest artists, arranged and financed by the theatre up to a maximum cost of €1,200
- Technical and admin support and artist mentorship.
How to Apply
If you are interested please send a proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on Thurs 1st Feb.
Please clearly state ‘Activate 2024’ and the strand under which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
Your proposal should include the following
- A biog/CV,
- An outline of your proposal (no more than 2 A4 pages) – This could include details of what you will be working on while in residence, any other guest artists, why access to space and resources at Backstage would be of benefit to you, future plans for the work in development.
- Your preferred time frame for residency.
- A detailed budget for the bursary award requested – please itemise accommodation requirements/projected accommodation costs separately*
*Accommodation is provide for resident artists in Cathedral View Apartments in Longford town. When estimating the projected costs of your requirements you should allow €120 per two-bed apartment
All the above documents should be attached to your email in one PDF